Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's that time again! SSSC42!

I think I'm old.  You know.....your parents used to tell you that the older you get the faster time flies.  It just seems like yesterday that I was posting for last Saturday and here it is again.  ;-)  Here is my card for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.  Have you ever participated in a sketch challenge?  If you haven't you should give it a try.  They are really fun because you aren't required to use any particular stamps, techniques, or papers.  Just follow the layout and do that you wish with it!!  Click on the badge to the right to see what the other design team members did this week.  THEN go to your stamp area and create one yourself.  You can upload it for others to see on the Sweet Stop blog!  This card will be used as a birthday card!    The stamps are from Stampendous! and Amuse.  Cupcake was colored with copics and glitzed up with a little bit of glitter.  This was a fun sketch because it was round and I rarely do those!   The pearl swirls were from a $1 pack from a Craft Warehouse.



This week was the start of my monthly piano lessons with my friend, Earlene.  She has more music talent in her little pinkie than I have in my whole being.  Seems to me I remember that she has her Masters in Music.  As a piano teacher, she totally rocks.  My whole reason to start lessons again was so I could play better with our Praise Team at church.  Several years ago Earlene tutored me gratis to help me learn how to play chords.  Imagine.....5 years of lessons and many years of playing and I just didn't know how to play chords.  So I had learned a little bit of theory and chords then.  Now after about a year and one half of playing chords under my belt it is time to try to bump it up a notch.  The lessons are to be an hour long.  This last one.......ended up being 2 hours!!  The time just flew by and I really could have stayed longer!!  Going to learn more theory.....lots of scales....which I don't mind.  AND some learning of tricks and techniques to embellish my praise team songs.  THAT is the part that I really want!!  Now.......to find the time to practice!  We'll see how my lesson goes next month.  Once a month is really more than enough for an adult with lots of activities going on, don't you think!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Very pretty Ann, LOVE the colors and the circle design!!!! Fantastic embellishments too!

Sue from Oregon said...

great card Ann and love all the piercing too! I am off to the CK scrap convention today!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Ann!

Vickie Kertz said...

Ann, lovely colors you have used. This card just grabs you. TFS

Andrea said...

So pretty Ann! I love the pearly swirls...beautiful touch!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Ann! So pretty with those swirlies! :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Ann!!!

Inkerbelle said...

Love your work!!! As per yr request, I've now added the marker info on my post here: http://inkerbelle.blogspot.com/2010/01/have-wee-met.html
Sorry, i would have emailed you directly, but was unable to find yr email addy here. :)