This coming week the Technique of the week for Technique Junkies is Waxy Window. So, I thought I'd start the week off with a fresh simple sample of Waxy Window. I've been on a mission to try and use some of my stamps that have NSI.....Never Seen Ink! I'm sure that some of you have this problem too! The stamps are from Stampin' Up! I know that they aren't new but they hadn't been used until today! I wanted some colors that remind me of the later days of summer so picked a red flower with some orange in the design too. A little hand drawing around the inner white border made the image pop out a little more. Enjoy!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Today I dug out the 3 x 5 Gelli plate and decided that if I didn't have some fun with this new toy that I would put it off forever. It was a lot of fun. The Single small prints are mostly done using the Styrofoam plate cut out. I'm just learning how to layer and it is obvious that I have a lot to learn. Getting the right amount of paint on the plate seems to be one of my challenges. I'm not sure it you should add a little to the paint to keep it wet longer or not. I did find out that I could use lots more paints. More Transparent ones. On the journal page, I followed along with the video from the Gelli blog. I didn't have the same colors or stencils but it did teach me some tricks so hopefully the next one will be a little more interesting. Think I'll have to do some drawing on the journal page and maybe paint black around the images.
Saturday, August 9, 2014
I'm here today with the technique of the week from Technique Junkies called Resist Strips. I couldn't resist the little play on words for the title! My goal today was to get some ink on stamps that never saw ink before. The lady in the dress is from Rubbernecker stamps and the sentiment is from Just Rite Stamps. The lady in the dress has been on my 'want' list for a long time and I finally got her. The background stamp is from Love to Stamp. I don't think the background stamp company is around anymore. Hope you enjoy! If I had this card to do over again, I would increase the width of the strips and darken up the shading around the lady so she would pop a little more from the background.