Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge

Here it is a Saturday again.  So.....what do you do with your Saturdays.  Catch up from the week, relax and stamp, or run errands.  Whatever you have to do, try to squeeze in a little stamp time and play with this week's sketch!  Click on the Sweet Stop Badge to the right to see what the design team created.  Then create your own and upload it.  Last week we had over 60 participants!  Isn't that wonderful!! 

This week I decided that since I had some left over strips from my last Valentine card that I would use them instead of throwing them away.  The stripped background is called Herringbone and is a Technique Junkie technique.  The badge for TJ is also to the right down a little further.  Check it out!!  The image used for this card is a digital image from Sweet N Sassy stamps.  Isn't it darling?  I colored it with copic markers.  The little hearts are hard plastic.  I had picked them up.....somewhere!  The bag is long gone but I think I got them at Michaels.  I pierced the border to give a little interest and that's it!!  I hope that you enjoy.




On a side note, yesterday I won the  Thursday One and Done auction at Hambo stamps and got a digital image drawn by Timbo.  I am the ONLY person who will ever own it.  Isn't that fun!  I' hope to have a card posted with the cute little Wee Henry in the next day or so.


Tomorrow will be a sad but glorious day.  One of the ladies at church that I have known for years will be laid to rest.  She fought valiently against a cancer that was throughout her entire body for the last several years.  She was a wonderful and sweet person.  She loved the Lord and I know that she is pain free and enjoying the presence of our Lord!  She leaves behind two teenage boys.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

this is such a beautiful Valentine!!! gorgeous card!

Vickie Kertz said...

Lovely card!! I love the herringbone technique. Great job on the coloring on your image. TFS

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Lovely image and nice papers. I love the way you punched the border.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card!! What pretty colors and papers! :)