Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stoned Butterfly

Okay, okay......it's not what you think!!  This beautiful butterfly and sentiment from Sweet N Sassy Stamps (which I LOVE by the way) is sitting on top of a background piece using a technique called Spritzed stone.  It is a technique from the Technique Junkie December 09 newsletter.  The butterfly was just perfect to use the blending technique for copics.  It is very hard to blend colors that aren't in the same color family.  I didn't try to work it too hard for the blending as the feathered strokes were okay for the butterfly.  I like this image so much for this technique that I think I'll stamp it into my manual for my class coming up in September.    If you click on the Sweet N Sassy button on your right you get to the site where you can purchase this set.  It also has another butterfly in the set as well as several other sayings.

No comments: