Monday, May 2, 2011

A super bad review!

Well, this review really has nothing to do with stamping.  I DO, however, want anyone who is shopping for a dishwasher to read this post though!!

DO NOT......I repeat......DO NOT every buy an Electrolux.  I thought I had done my due diligence in shopping for a new dishwasher.  What I really wanted in a dishwasher doesn't seem to be made anymore.  I wanted something with a door that could accept a special wooden front.  I only found one and it was so much more than the others that I just had to give that wish list item up.  The second thing I wanted was a flip latch.  Also, non-existent in today's market.  I went with the Electrolux because I thought that the "No heat element" and stainless steel tub would be good for my energy bill.  The salesman really didn't tell me that it doesn't work well for your plastic things......  So.......I thought that a little extra water on my plastics wouldn't be a big deal.  So, now you are wondering why I really HATE my new $900 dishwasher.  $900?  Yup.........Maybe if I had gone cheaper I would have a machine that actually washes well.  I have a number of things I hate about this machine.

Three of these items are really design flaws which Electrolux claims aren't design flaws at all.

1.  The soap cup.........Now my new dishwasher comes with this cool feature where you can lower the top rack so that you can wash taller items in it.  I thought that was cool until I actually put it into use.  When you lower the top rack, the little flip open door for the soap won't flip open.  DUH!!  Not a design flaw....come on!!  Clearly not thought through on the designers end.

2.  Do you wash cookie sheets in your dishwasher?  Well, I do.  In this dishwasher, if you want to wash more than one at a time, you are SOOL  (Sh*t out of luck) because the only place you can put it is to the far left edge.  All the other places won't work because the pegs that you place you dishes in don't line up.  They are off center enough that the cookie sheet won't stand.  Another design flaw.

3.  They have a cool feature where you can flip down the whole row of pegs.  I thought this would be really cool........flip those puppies down and you can put nice big pots there.  BUT, every time you lean a heavy dish like a casserole on them, they don't stay put.  DESIGN FLAW.......

Then there are the reasons I really hate this dishwasher.

1.  Clean dishes........well, maybe I should say the lack of clean dishes.  They come out with random little black specks of dirt.  My old 20 year old dishwasher washed my dishes better than this thing.  I don't know if it is the lack of pressure of the spray or the screen not allowing food particles to pass.  At any rate, if my dishes aren't practically clean when I put them in, they certainly aren't when I take them out.

2.  Soap residue in the soap cup........Don't you think if the dishwasher was working properly that it would at least wash the soap out of the cup?  Really?

So......Electrolux......you have received my last dollar.  I will NEVER purchase another Electrolux product!!

4 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

That is just the pits Ann! Write to the company and let them have it! I bought a Bosch from Sears and it is fantastic!!!

wwilloww said...

A scathing review like that deserves a worldwide audience. I think you should post it on every review site online. It sounds like you already contacted Electrolux. If you did, their attitude toward their customers may be the most damning quality. What did they say and why were they not willing to replace it or in some other way satisfy you, their customer???? Well thanks Ann you saved me the heartache of dealing with a company that treats their customers poorly. Hey, maybe you should also contact Kelly Ripka...

Shirley said...

BTY I just followed you on FB. I can't stand FB, but it seems everyone is going there. LOL I am so sorry about this. For $900 it should ask how you want each dish washed!! I would call the highest person in the company and have them come and get it. What a drag. :-(

Mari said...

I HATE it when you spend $$ on something that doesn't work! Grrrr! We bought a new microwave from Sears last year... less than a month later the bloody thing would turn itself *ON* whenever it damn well felt like it. Thankfully Sears replaced it with no problems.... Have you contacted the store that you bought your washer from? Will they replace it as 'defective'? Good luck!