Saturday, January 14, 2012

Acrylic Block Backgrounds

Well......(you say).......she sure has taken a long time to post something creative!!

Yes, you are VERY right!!  At the beginning of the year, I decided that once the Christmas decorations were put away (in my craft room closet), then I would tackle my Stamp Hole (aka Craft room) and redo everything!  It has been a huge job!!  There was so much stuff that didn't have a 'home' that I relocated unnecessary things and replaced them with stamp storage things!  I'm really close to being done and finally just HAD to create!!

This card is made using a technique from the new Stampin Companion CD (hint.....you can order it from my sidebar at the top).  This CD was created using only Stampin Up products.  THAT is really great if you are a demo!!  BUT.......even though I'm not a demo, I still LOVE this CD!  The techniques are fun and most are easy.  Many are swift as well.  This technique is called Acrylic block background.  I love the different looks you can get from it as it has 4 variations.  I used Variation two.  Enjoy!!

Today has been interesting.........we don't seem to have any water.  Ugh!!  Not sure what is wrong but the well doesn't seem to be pumping the water up very fast.  Sounds like an expensive service call to me.  Showers tonight at my daughter's house.  Thankfully, she is close to us. 

1 comment:

Estelle from Hernando, MS said...

I forget about using that stamp. I don't know why because I really do like it. I guess I need to pull it forward in the box so I will see it. But there have been so many new stamps lately that I have been using that I really do forget the old tried and true ones.