Saturday, January 28, 2012

Burnished Love and my Cut File

Today I saw this really cool cut file that made a fold over flap card.  I wanted that cut file BUT found that it was only available for Silhouette cutters.  Grrrrrr........     Well, I thought maybe I'd try my hand at making my own cut file with the same idea.  Found a corner motif that I thought looked nice.  Put it in the corners and added the scallop borders.  Sounds fast but it took TONS of time!

I liked the way it turned out but found that with the motif I picked, it wasn't so great for the fold over card without a backing to keep the little cut pieces from bending out of place. 

I used a technique from the new Stampin Companion CD called Burnished Embossing.  It was fun and looks great.  I hope you enjoy the pics.  If you like the cut file (.jpg and Scal2....I think), send me your e-mail and I'll ship it off to you.  ;-)   (I did punch the eyelet holes with my punch)

 That cute little link for the CD is on your top right!




2 comments:

Estelle from Hernando, MS said...

That is very pretty, Ann..... not many people appreciate the amount of work we put into our cards. I only send very special people cards that I go to that much trouble to make. My 3 DD being some of those that are that special. LOL
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

Sue from Oregon said...

Gorgeous Ann! I am in the process of making one of these to post on Monday too! This is just so pretty! Great adaptation!