Friday, January 9, 2015

LifeBook 2015!!!

A present I gave myself this year was ART!  Lifebook 2015 by Tamara LaPorte was just the ticket!  An art lesson every week for the entire year.  One of my resolutions was to have one art day a week.  I hope to accomplish that!  BUT.....even if I fall short.....I should have a number of weeks to count as success! 

This week the lesson was on your Beacon of Light.  With over 2,000 people taking the class, there are a lot of different ideas of what that looks like.  Since the Lord God is mine, my project included him in it! 

The middle panel of the 'dress' completes the upper portion of a cross.  There are crosses adorning the rays from her head.  This project didn't come about without problems and learning areas!  I learned that when using a paint pen, always test it on scrap paper first to avoid a blob on your artwork.  Then I learned that several layers of gesso can cover up what is left over from the blob that you tried to remove.  It took a lot of time to reverse the error but lesson learned!  I learned that using gold ColorBox ink on your artwork doesn't always work as it doesn't dry well leaving ink that can smudge.  I learned that you don't have to tilt the head too much to really be tilted.......over achieved on that one.  I learned that perfectionism wasn't necessary in this lesson......hard to overcome.  I can see that I need to learn how to blend better and how much water is the right amount to blend and to dry brush!

At the end of the year I hope to see a big improvement in my skills!  If you are interested in Lifebook 2015 you can see more info here.  http://www.willowing.org/life-book-2015/   The class was $120 for the whole year and that is only $2.30 a week for awesome lessons!  I am in the course for the art.  There are meditation sections that I don't care to participate in but there are there if you wish.  the first week was pretty heavy as there are videos for beginners which I watched.  All in all, about 6 forty-five minute videos!

I hope you enjoy my Beacon of Light!  The second picture shows some of the glitter and gold paint that make this piece really shine!


1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...


this is absolutely awesome Ann!