Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One of those Ooooooo! to Oh No!! Days

It was super busy today....running here and there.....taking the dogs to the groomer, going to a Ladies in the Hood luncheon......going back to get the dogs.  I picked up the mail on the way to get the dogs.  Oh Boy!!!   There is a package for me from Colleen Schaan!  I know what it is too.......I won some blog candy from her but had no idea what was coming my way.

So, I open the package and take a sheet with rubber stamps clinging to it.  Cool.......darling elephant with roses (plus 3 more) and a really cute bear with balloons and more with that set too.  These will be so cool for kid's cards.  I'm excited about that set. 

I reach in again.....this time I pull out a 4 stamp set from MFT.  Love MFT.    "Cool!"  I said.

I reach in again and come out with ANOTHER MFT set.    "Wow!", I said, "I love MFT!" 

I reach in yet again and come out with a darling jelly fish from Kimmie's.  "Love it!"  I said.

I reach in again and pull our a grey memento pad!   "Whoo Hoo! I wanted one of these!"  I said. 

Each time I reach in it was just getting better and better.  The next set was from Our Craft Lounge!  Love that set.  (I happened to have that set already so I'll be paying it forward and letting someone win it from my blog!). 

I reach in again and pull out a Lighthouse oval set from Just Rite.  "This is just getting better and better!"  I said.

Lastly, I pull out the last item and it is the May 2012 Card Maker.....another hit!!!

So......Colleen......THANK YOU!!!   This was the most awesome blog candy and I love it all!

For those of you who don't know Colleen, she works for Imagination International, the Copic Distributor for the US.  She has been teaching Beginning and Intermediate Copic classes and has recently been promoted to be the New Education Director.  I took my Intermediate class from her in Portland last fall.  If you would like to follow her blog, go HERE and check it out!


So.....after all the cool stuff, the Oh No! of my day was a little hairy!  I had just picked up the dogs and was heading home.  Sat at a stop sign waiting for the traffic ahead of me to move when the brake pedal sunk to the floor.  NO!!!!    It seemed to pump up a little but quickly lost pressure.  I limped the car home making sure I put lots of distance between me and the next car.  My own driveway presented the hardest part since it is mostly downhill.  In first gear, the brake had very little power in the end.  Got it home safely.  Ray will look at it in the morning and see what he can do.  We think it is probably the Master Cylinder. 

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

A yeah and a BOO all in one post! Great gifties and sorry to read about your brakes!

Shirley said...

Wonderful gifts and how scary on the brake thingy!!!!