Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Bird in the Hand......


This card is appearing on the Technique Junkie Blog this weekend as well!  When I first saw this stamp at the recent Rubber Stamp convention in Portland, I knew I had to have it and I knew what I wanted to do with it!   I colored it with copic markers.....twice.....cutting the bird body out to layer.  Then I decided that I wanted to try out my Ranger Crackle glue.  Looks and dries like diamond glaze but it cracks on its own.  I had the pieces already cut out and applied the Crackle.  I had lightly taped to my work space so they wouldn't walk away!  When I cam back in the morning.......eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!.......both pieces had curled into little cylinders.  So I moistened the back and press them with an iron to flatten them back outl.  It only kind of worked.  I used my Xyron to put adhesive over the entire back of the base piece to make it lay flat on the card...sheesh!  Maybe next time I'll just just a little less of the Crackle.  The background behind the bird layer is a Technique Junkie technique called Dabbed Shimmers.  Such an easy technique and the results are sooooo glimmery.  To the real eye, the BG looks very dark brown until you tilt it.  I dug out my letter brads and colored them with my copic markers to match them to the background better.  That purple shimmery paper is from Paper Temptress.  It is wonderfully heavy and was perfect for this card!  You can see the beautiful shimmer on the background and the purple paper as well as the crackle on the close-up.  I hope you enjoy!



Accident update:  Ended up seeing the chiropractor four times this last week with two massages.  Yesterday I felt so good, I thought that my treatment would be shorter than planned.  Then, this morning....UGH! .....I was so stiff and sore when I got out of bed.  My three last toes on my right leg are asleep and the muscle going up the side of the leg from the ankle kept cramping.  Can't wait until some of the inflammation goes down.  I love the massages but don't recommend getting into an accident to get them!!  The car won't be totaled....$5,500 in damages and we should have it back in two weeks or so.  We'll have to purchase two new tires though.  The one that got hit needs to be replaced and there was only 37% tread left so they will only pay that much.  That's okay....BUT you really need to put two tires on and not one new and one old.  So off to Costco to get a couple of tires today.

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a pretty card Ann...and quite an ordeal to finish it! I spy a new nestie too! Take it easy girl!

ottersln said...

Wow, that is amazing!

Crystal said...

Ann this is AWESOME!!! What a GREAT creation!!! WOW

Lynn Stevens said...

kewl. Love that side shot that shows the crackle

Faith | Folder Printing said...

This is a beautiful card. You've unleashed the beautiful side of that bird with your touch. Awesome.

Connie Fossenier said...

so sorry Ann to hear about your accident...hope you get better soon.
Love all of your cards...saw them on TJ...
You really popped out the Dabbed Shimmers technie.
connie paxman