Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Judy Rozema has a blog called a Jar Full of Joy and today she surprised me with something special!  It is called the Versatile Blogger Award.  Awwwwww.........thank you so much Judy. I am terribly thankful for this honor!!


I guess that I am to tell you seven things about myself.  Well, Here it goes:


1.  I'm a grandma of four (one of which gave me his horrid head cold this week).  Two girls and two boys.  I love them dearly.
2.  I've been stamping since 1987.  I was introduced to stamps at a home party that featured, PSX and Hero stamps.  My first stamp was PSX D474 Two Iris.....Love that stamp.
3.  I get to go to my 40th class reunion this summer in Aspen.  Yes, I graduated from Aspen High WAY back in 1971.  It was a wonderful place to grow up and live.  The movie stars ruined it though.....
4.  I'm a designer for the Technique Junkie newsletter.  I'm going on my third year as a designer for the TJ newsletter.  I love this newsletter.  The techniques are varied with something for everyone.  Sometimes it is a challenge to get the work done but I love it.
5.  A shared hobby with my husband revolves around Mustangs (the cars).  We have three classic Mustangs.  I'm also the secretary for our car club and help organize our big events as well.
6.  I'm the trophy chairman for the Portland Chapter of the American Rhododendron Society.  It is fun to spend other people's money getting lovely items like pottery, glassware, wooden items and metal items.  Gets that shopping out of my system and I don't have to dust what I buy!
7.  I'm the keyboardist and leader of our Praise Team at Trinity Lutheran church.  We have a great team of 10....4 vocalists, 3 - 4 guitars, drummer, and another drummer that plays those large conga type drums. 


Now..........I suppose that I should give this away......don't ya think?   


Chrissy D - who is a real productive soul!


Jodi C - Whose coloring truly inspires me!


and


Shirley - Who has a real flare for beautiful cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved blog award! It sounds like you are one busy lady! I, too, started stamping in the late 80's when I had a home party here in good old OC. It's amazing how the hobby has evolved in those 20+ years!

Judy Rozema said...

So fun to read about you! I play keyboard and lead singing at my church (also called Trinity but Presbyterian) too!

I love Aspen, but you are right. I grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona, and it's kinda the same thing with people from CA and the New Age movement taking over. Ah well, you can never go back....