Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thanks Squared


Sometimes I just want to do a card that is quick and simple.  No fancy nothing!!  So.....when I was at the LSS (Local Stamp Store) I found this great new stamp from Hero Arts.  I actually saw it as a sticker first.  Loved the way they had it colored with purple, pink and yellow and decided that it would look pretty neat colored up.  Fast too!  I first grabbed a different paper and when I was trying to find other paper colors for the mats, nothing was working.  So I started rummaging through my other papers.  Found this square and decided that it was perfect!  Colored quickly with copics and jazzed up with a little sparkle and it was done!  The words were cut out with my Nestabilities BUT the outside oval is from my 'old' Spellbinders oval set.  I love the way it isn't truly oval.  Different.  I hope you enjoy my quick and simple.  Tomorrow's card isn't as quick or simple!

This last weekend we had a birthday party for my oldest granddaughter.  She turned 7!  My how time flies.  I watched Breauna for the first four years of her life and we have a wonderful relationship.  While at the party, I snapped a few shots of the other grandkids as well.  Jimmy and Audrey were trying to play ping pong.....that was funny as they can barely see over the table!  All the kids had a blast throwing the ball for our dog, Gabby.  Gabby lives for the ball.  She will play ball until she is exhausted and still want more.  Zander had fun with the little playhouse and the play area.  Breauna had the most fun, of course, since it was her day.  We gave her a gift certificate to Learning World with a special day with Grandma along with some books.  She is starting to read and loves it. 

3 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Love the card but really loved seeing your grandchildren. You lucky dog, having them so close! Your blog is filled with wonderful works of pure art!!! You have an amazing talent!

Crystal said...

Ann I LOVE your color combo!!! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I have that paper and it never looked that good for me!