Saturday, May 8, 2010

A fun one for a friend

An older lady at church normally gets cards from me at my yearly card sale.   But last week at church she came to me with a special request.  A funny card for a 70 year old man.  Hmmmm..........well......I happened onto the Sketch challenge over at Hogs & Sketches (by Hambo Stamps) and I decided that I would participate.  THEN I saw the card that Monica (one of Hambo's owners) made.  Her sentiment was just perfect for an older man so I decided to use it with a little tweak of my own.  Since I was using the freebie bongo Henry, the sentiment had to reflect him!  The inside of the card says  "Old!"  ALSO, stolen from Monica.  Thanks Monica for your inspiration!  Henry is colored with copic markers.  The 70 was hand drawn and colored in.  I only had a quickly hand drawn sketch of this week's sketch.......I guess I reversed the sizes of the small circles......sorry!

7 comments:

MacKenzie said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this month! Your coloring is amazing :-)

Monica Hunter said...

Oh my - what a GREAT job Ann! I think the recipient will LOVE this. Thanks for playing along with us this month! :)

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Wow! Great use of the Beatnik Henry image!
I really like the use of the circles for the age.
Thanks for playing along this month. Feel free to play again before the month is over.

Faith | Digital Room said...

Aw, so cute. That is one funny card. It'll definitely make the old man smile when he gets that. :)

Michelle Adams said...

This is just tooooooo cute! Love it! And thanks for the inspiration! :)

Ali Manning said...

What a fun card, Ann - I bet your friend and her husband love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Very fun!