Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The August Newsletter is out!!

I'm pretty excited this month.  The August Technique Junkie newsletter is out and I have 7 of the 15 tutorials are ones that I submitted.  Coool, huh?  ;-)  So.......during this month I'll be posting not only the cards that I did for newsletter samples but the cards I did for the tutorial samples as well.  I hope you enjoy them all.  Today's technique is NOT one that I submitted.  It is called mask and blend.  I used a paper from Paper Temptress for this technique that has a beautiful shimmer to it.  I tried to leave the samples I did for this technique more simple because I really wanted to show off the beautiful background.  The verse is from Stampin Up.  Hope you enjoy.

My weekend was pretty busy.   The car club we belong to had their yearly large event.  BUT this year it wasn't very large.  Since we were basically starting over with the cruise-in being in a new location, the numbers are slow in building.  Last year's event was only a poker run and we had 25 cars.  this year we added a cruise-in at the end and increased it to only 35.  VERY dissappointment.  We could have had up to 200 in the area we had.  We should have had that many too!  The darn event was FREE!  BUT there were a lot of other events going on at the same time.  We really need to revisit the date we picked and possibly go back to the third Sunday in July.  We seemed to bring more cars on that date.  We used to get up to 300!  Returned the borrowed cones on Monday morning and really wrecked my back.  Monday afternoon was spent on the couch giving it a rest. 

No comments: