Monday, January 19, 2015

Lifebook 2015 Week 3

I hope you enjoy this piece!  The sentiment is sooo true!  The lesson involved using your Tombow watercolor pens but my stash has dwindled over the years and so I used watercolor paints instead.  I only have one of those little palettes with hard squares of paint and it is obvious that tubes would be much easier to mix colors!  I also need WAY more practice with watercolors!  I have LOTS of mistakes in this piece and overworked it quite a bit.  But, hey....that is part of the learning process, right?  Joanne Sharpe was our teacher this week and we were learning about using lettering in our art.  It was a very fun lesson!  I changed up the words and the flower from the original lesson...made it my own that way! This is 12 x 9 on 140lb cold press watercolor paper. 

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

I am looking forward to each week Ann! Thanks for sharing the journey!