Saturday, June 20, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #13



Wow! It is hard to believe that this is Kimm's 13th challenge already! If you would like to see the other design team cards for this challenge, please click on the link to the right! My card uses a free digi from Dustin Pike's blog. I just love his dragons and there are a bunch of his other images that are way too cute! This week's colors are: B05, YG23,YR04 and any purple. I didn't have B05 so substituted B24 instead. I had the other markers and added V04. About the only place that I used the purple was to create the shadow on the dragon. To create the spots on the dragon I used the V04 again and held it in place to push the green out of the way. Hope you have enjoyed this little 'out of the box' dragon.


I have another dragon card that I did as well. The second dragon card was originally done as a blog hop for the Technique Junkie group. But the blog hop was postponed and I'll end up doing something different for the next time it is scheduled. So......As you can see it is another one of Dustin Pike's freebie dragons. The background behind the dragon is the Dragged Madras technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter. Instead of using a straight or torn edge for the technique I used a punched border instead. My friend, vicky Ward, came to my house for a technique play day. It was her idea to use the border punches instead and I think it really kicks the technique up a notch! The dragon on the second card was also colored with copics.
It was a busy day today. I had three of the four grandkids for most the day. Went to a cruise-in this evening. We didn't take the car but went to pass out flyers for our car club's cruise-in. It was really rainy today and I didn't feel like dragging out the car to wash it (since it was dirty). I also didn't want to put the car seats in the back seat of the Mustang. Helped my oldest granddaughter, Breauna, make a Father's day card for her daddy. She is starting to color to good now!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

OMG this is SOOO ADORABLE, love that dragon and your coloring is out of this world!!

Sue from Oregon said...

These cards are just darn cute!

Laurie said...

Great dragon, Ann! Love the way you colored him...both times. :)