Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A cute birthday card for you!

I was cleaning out my e-mails.  THEN......I saw it........the e-mail from a friend reminding me to bring her a birthday card with cats.  Dang!!  Ran down to the Stamp Hole and looked through my stash.  Nope....nothin'.....nada.  I'd have to create it.  It was 10:30pm on saturday and I needed it for Sunday morning so I just bit the bullet and created.  I've had this piece of Simple Sumi background (from the 10-05 Technique Junkie newsletter) that I've been hoarding.  I just didn't want to use it......I thought it was so pretty and didn't want to see it go bye bye.  If you haven't tried it before, it is one of the most addicting techniques.  You can click on the Technique Junkie banner down on the right to read more about being a subscriber!!  I digress...........After grabbing it, I searched through my cat stamps and found one that I thought would work nice from Magenta.  As I was cutting it to show the pretty background, I decided to actually separate the two cats (they originally were together on the stamp) apart.  Add a little copic work on it and voila!  My friend at church loved it.  I decided to also enter it into the Gingersnap Birthday Challenge!  You can see the challenge page HERE.  Hope you have enjoyed it!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW your friend will love this card...great colors and love those cats!!! fun fun ribbon treatment too!

Unknown said...

What a great images! And the colours look fab!

Sue from Oregon said...

No wondering you were hoarding it...absolutely beautiful! I LOVE that cat stamp too!

Juliet A said...

This is adorable! I love the way you echoed the colors in the sumi with the cats!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Birthday Greeting Challenge!