Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Very last Sweet Stop Design Team Card

This is a sad post for me.......I've completed the maximum 6 months of Design Team with Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge group.  I really have loved being on this Design Team.  The other members post fabulous cards and have been an inspiration to me!!  Thank you, Korin, for allowing me to be on your team.  I hope that I have met your expectations!  This week my card was one that I made for my in-laws as their Easter card.  The cool background piece behind the image is called Veined Marble and it a Technique Junkie technique.  It is such a fun technique that when a group of us got together to make some, we made a gazillion pieces and I'm still working off of them!!  The colors of this one just matched my cross coloring perfectly.  The cross image is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps and was super easy to color.  The coloring was done with copic markers.  I didn't blend the material drapped over the cross as good as I should have but that's okay, don't you think!!  After I cut it out with my Nestabilitiy, I kept the die in place and used my copic air brush to add the soft purple around the edges.     So.....this is the last time I get to tell you....make sure you visit the Sweet Stop and play along with the sketch of the week!!  Just click on the badge to the right!  So easy even a Caveman can do it!  ;-)

This was a great week......Zander was a good little boy both days that I watched him.  He has a healthy respect for the spoon and obeys so well now!  Amazing.  He must be growing too.......he has been pounding down the food and taking three hour naps.  While he naps, I've been trying to get a little stamping done as well as working on my picture cropping for our car club.......331 pics to crop....about 200 done!  My cards for the Rhododendron Society are done and sent.  I'll post a picture of them on Sunday or Monday.  Laundry is caught up.  Today is supposed to be beautiful again.  I hope to get lots more weeding done.....got three beds completely weed free this week....THAT felt good!  They are huge beds too.  The largest bed is about 30' long and 18' wide. 


9 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

ah so sad...but enjoyed all your creations!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh I am sorry it is your last post for the sketches! I know we will see MORE of your work! It is sooo gorgeous! Love this beautiful card and the message behind it!

Natalie said...

Beautiful card! He is risen indeed!! Have a wonderful week. When one door closes another opens, so don't be too sad. The Lord knows your heart!!

Crystal said...

So Beautiful, Gorgeous colors and and stunning job coloring that image!!!!! VERY pretty indeed!

Stampin Shari said...

that is a gorgeous card!!!!!!!! Lily's are my favorite flower!!

Unknown said...

Your card is just beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

It has been an absolute joy to have you with us, Ann!! I hope you will continue to use our sketches despite your term ending. Your card is beautiful, but they always are :)!!

jeanne girl said...

This is a beautiful card and makes me want that stamp for sure!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card-love the image, wonderful colors- I always enjoy your posts. TFS