Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's a Sweet Time!

It's Saturday!  The sun is shining after several LONG grey days and it makes you feel soooo wonderful!!  With all the rainy days we had I came up with this card for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.  I saw another card somewhere that had used just yellow and white and it made me so happy.  So....I decided that I had to do a yellow and white card.  The ABSOLUTELY darling bear is from Sweet and Sassy Stamps.  The minute I saw him I knew I had to have him!!  AND it was such a perfect stamp for yellow, don't you think?!  To make the card base, I had one of those long narrow cuttlebug folders that I repeated then I used my marker and drew the yellow lines between.  So.....I hope that this sketch has inspired you to go play and create your own.  Remember to click on the badge to the right and see what the other designers have done and upload your own!  The bear was colored with copics and the hat, boots, and coat were cut out and mounted up with foam tape.

12 comments:

Natalie said...

This is so adorable!! This reminds me that the spring showers will bring May flowers!! Love your coloring.

creations by jackie said...

Love the bear, I might just have to get one.

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so cute. Love those little rain boots! Reminds me of Cole's Lightning McQueen rain boots LOL! Just a darling image and you tricked me with the yellow stripes. I thought at first glance they were strips of white! I am going to go check out this digi! TFS!!! by the way...it is beautiful and sunny here...thought we were getting snow??

Unknown said...

Hi Ann,
What a lovely bright sunny raincard!LOL Cute image!
Have a nice weekend!

Crystal said...

AWWWWW So sweet LOVE this great layout and the yellow and white!!!!! Super cute image!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is the SWEETEST image ever! LOVE your coloring too Ann!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling! He just looks cuddly! You are right - yellow was the perfect color!

Anonymous said...

I love how you colored him, and the yellow and white give it that refreshing spring feel. Adorable card!!

Sharon said...

Very cute! I love the happy colors and layout. Your bear is simply adorable!

Candace said...

This is soooo cute!! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful colourings, so happy, love your card, you are such a talented lady...

Juliet A said...

I love all the yellow in this card - very happy!