Saturday, June 6, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #11

Today the automated post feature of my blog is at work! As the computer posts the blog entry all on its own, I'll be in downtown Portland watching my husband ride by on the Portland General Electric Grand Floral Parade float. So, while I'm enjoying my view, you can enjoy viewing my design team card for Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge. AND if you happen to be watching the Grand Floral Prade on your TV, you can wave at my Hubby. See the picture of him in the Wednesday post.
This week the challenge was to use some dark colors........ B97, Y35, R89 and one other color of your choice. I didn't happen to have any of those colors so I went as close as I could with B37, R39, Y26, and my choice of YG97. When I stared at those colors I gathered a few stamps that spoke to me and started on the image you see. I used the blender pen to lighten the red and colored in the background. The pinkish background that resulted was really awful looking......I threw the whole thing in the trash. Then, when my granddaughter, Breauna, was helping me refile some paper scraps, I saw that image in the trash. Later that day I dug it back out and grabbed my red pen to color in the background with the full strength of the pen. Ahhhhh....... now I liked it. Sometimes you just have to put the image down, walk away, and let your brain work on a solution. It has worked for me more than once! The butterfly color was accomplished by touching the blender pen to the dark blue pen then coloring with the blender pen only. It is a sweet technique that I learned in my copic class. The words of the stamp were also highlighted with the blender pen. The butterfly was cut out and mounted separately to give a little bit of dimension. I see that I really could use some photographic lessons too! My lighting could really use some help to let 3-D portions show up!! Create your own card for this challenge and go to Kimm's blog to upload your creation for the challenge. You'll also want to bookmark Artful Sentiments by Kimm's blog as there will be some blog candy coming up in the near future! The link to her blog is on my side bar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Ann! The butterfly is so delicate and I love how you made it dimensional.

Laurie said...

Ann, This card is stunning! The dimension is astounding...how did you do this! It looks like the flowers & the little medallion are "popped up" too.