Friday, November 20, 2009

Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #31 and a big owie!


DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE POST BEFORE THIS ONE FOR MY BLOG CANDY. 

I'm having to post my challenge a little early because I'll be gone in the morning AND because of my owie (see last paragraph)  My granddaughter turns three tomorrow.  I've had this sweet little Princess image colored up for her card for months.  Since I needed a card for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge I decided to use it for her card.  This sketch was a sketch with a spin.  This month the spin was "Sew Happy"  I thought about using my sewing machine on the card but I really wanted gold.  Since I didn't have gold thread for my sewing machine, I decided to use the SU gold cording and actually hand sew on the card.  I'm happy with the outcome although I wish I had adhered the vertical panel BEFORE I did the outer edge.  Oh, Well.  she is only three and won't give a hoot, right?!  The Happy Birthday text looked a little bare when I was done so I stitched some curls and french knots above it to make it look like a package.  My granddaughter is absolutely in love with horses......I really should have done a horse card but since she likes princesses too, I knew this card would be okay.  Speaking of horses.  She is going to really flip when she sees her present.   All her aunts, uncles and Ray and I went together to get her an awesome gift.  We found a FurReal Horse named Butterscotch on Craigslist.  A $300 toy for only $100!!  Gotta love Craigslist!!  It works great and only needs a new halter.  When her cousin turned three last weekend and opened his present of some horses, she said (with a little bit of mean in her voice) "I want THAT for MY birthday!"  Gotta love three year olds!!  I can't wait to see the expression on her face when she sees a horse that is as big as her!!  Hee hee!!  Almost makes me giddy thinking about it........or should I say giddy-up!  ;-) 

Now for the Not so cool news.........I picked up the mail tonight on the way home from setting up my craft table.  Our church's first ever craft fair to benefit the school.  I don't normally do craft fairs.....too much work and set up.....easier to do in my home instead.  BUT it was a benefit for the school so I decided to do it.  In my mail was a piece for my neighbor, so I dropped it off at their house.  As I was walking back to my car, I walked around their little car that they tow behind their motorhome.  There was a small utility trailer in front of it and I expertly avoided the hitch on it.  Unfortunately, I didn't know that the little car had a hitch on the FRONT of it.  I whacked it with my shin hard enough that I fell down on the same knee scrapping it badly on an old scar from a bad knee accident when I was a kid.  Fell on both knees, scrapped my hand a little as I rolled onto my back.  Reached down to feel my knee (in the dark) and felt that I had torn my brand new pants......DRAT!  The worst part is that there wasn't anyone to see me nor hear my pathetic whimpering because it hurt sooooooo bad.  Got back in the car and drove the 1/4 mile to the house, went in a promptly got compassion from my husband.  After treating the deep scrap with hydrogen oxide and bandaging he even rubbed my feet as they were trying to cramp after the trama to the shins.  It was quite strange.  When he rubbed the ball of my foot and the toes, the sensation of pain of the scrap subsidded but when he rubbed the arch or the heel, the pain increased.  Strange indeed.  So........after this long story, I'll be hurting all day tomorrow while I man my church bazaar table.  I think I'll be seeing the chiropractor on Monday as well..........




blog signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, Ann! So sorry about your fall. I will be praying you feel better soon. What a sweet hubby you have to take care of you :). And BTW, your card is ADORABLE!! Hugs~

Jodi Collins said...

Oh no Ann!!! I hope you feel better soon! You poor thing! Take care of yourself and rest up!! Your card is simply ADORABLE!!

Barb g (WV) said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your big 'owie', Ann...I do hope it won't leave you with a serious, long lasting injury. I hope you had a great success with the fundraiser though. Your card is super cute and I love your hand stitching added above the sentiment....Great work with that! And I love the little Anya Princess...she was one of the first images I bought from that line and I still love her. I'm sure your little granddaughter will be super delighted with her card and her Big Present!
Barbg(WV)

Crystal said...

OOOOO Ann this is soooooo cute!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

OUCH! Hope you feel better soon...I just hate it when I do things like that! Sweet card for your granddaughter too!