Saturday, July 24, 2010

A little polish for a friend.

My friend will be 50 soon.  Her sister-in-law is having a surprize party for her tonight so I made this card for her.  The SIL said that the party colors were Magenta so I married black with it and voila!  I do love the dots on black that Markie's mom (Faith) does so I used that idea for this card.  The flower was stamped on vellum paper.  The vellum used a technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter called Polished Vellum.  I added a little sparkle with my Spica pens as well.  Then popped the flower up with a couple of punched flower shapes.   The butterfly has Spica sparkle too and was bumped up with foam tape.    In retrospect, I could have gone with a slightly smaller card but oh well!!  I hope that she likes it!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

WOW Ann that flower is GORGEOUS, She will LOVE this for sure!