Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Card and a Whine

Sometimes you can't win for trying!!  My mailman hasn't delivered the mail before 2 - 3 pm for months.  So today, when I really needed a package to go out, I get it ready and walk the 1/4 mile to my mailbox........   Wouldn't you know that TODAY is the day he picks to be early.  DRAT!  Well, at least I got a 1/2 mile of exercise!!

Here is one of the cards that I was mailing off to Karen and Friends Creations in Springfield.  I am teaching a copic class there on June 30th.  The bee card that I posted a couple of days ago is one that is one the display boards.  This is a second one from the display boards.  Lovely Lydia is a Peddler's Pack stamp.  I wasn't too thrilled with her at the beginning but after coloring her, I think she is quite Lovely indeed!  I originally colored her in blues.........my favorite but it just seemed too........blue.  So I switched from blue/pink to green/red and I'm so much more happy with the result.  The doily die behind Lydia is from Cheery Lynn.  Behind that is a cuttlebug folder.   I thought that cutting her out would let background items show better but cutting around the bottom of the image where it faded away seemed wrong so I tore the cardstock there instead.  I like the outcome!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving these colors- this will be a fun class to teach. That Cheery Lynn die is one of my favorites!

Sheri said...

OMG this is amazing! Great job - so beautiful!