Friday, January 25, 2013

Tweaked Challenge

Funny........I found this post in my "drafts"!  Even though it is from over 6 months ago.......I'll post anyway!!  Hahahaah

*******************************

I made this card for the challenge over at Splitcoaststampers for the sketch challenge.  The challenge called for a square cards but I really don't make square cards.  Postage is high and they take more paper too!  So, I altered and tweaked the challenge just a little.  I got the patterned paper from the scrap/stamp store in Eugene where I've been teaching and really, really LOVE it! 

The little dots on the butterflies are Glitter dots and let me tell you......I LOVE glitter dots.  They are really fun.  The first project I used them on was the 3-D Valentine album that I posted earlier.  I taught that album at one of the class in Eugene.  As I was making it, some of those little dots would literally jump off their release page as I was using my tweezers to move them.  THEN in my class I was watching this lady put her glitter dots on her project.  She was placing them in record speed and NO popping off.  She showed me the tool that she was using and it is now my new FAVORITE tool for glitter dots.  AWESOME!  It is called the Quickstik, the quicker picker upper.  So......if you use pre-stuck jewels and/or stickers, this thing is THE coolest tool around in my opinion!

Okay......here is the card!

No comments: