Thursday, August 6, 2009

For Non-Junkies

For those of you who aren't Technique Junkies.......here are some of the cards I did for the most recent Technique Junkie newsletter. Scene Silhouettes is a real fun technique from Kimm Bennington-Thompson that reminds you of Michelle Zindorf's awesome brayered techniques. This one is a little different but gives real fun results. The Scene Silhouette cards are the first two shown. My favorite is the one with the white dots. It just reminds me of something in the desert!

The card with the darling Magnolia girl sitting in a pot is called Sanded Whitewash. I love all the texture it gives.
The next two are also a technique by Kimm called Inside-Out Vellum. I tried it first with a light weight vellum and just couldn't get the technique to work. When I actually followed the instructions and used the heavy weight vellum, the results were perfect!
The last card is called Zig Zag. I probably confused the issue by using paper that had too much of a pattern instead of just stripes but I think it came out okay!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

These are all awesome!!! tfs!

Stampin_melissa said...

Love your artwork Ann, and these are all gorgeous! TFS!

Laurie said...

You, Ann, are truly the bomb! (I think that still means your are great -teehee) These are so amazing. The first two cards caught my eye, but the green one is calling my name! How'd you do that?