Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quirky.....


Okay.......I just have to say that I have this morbid quirky sense of humor that I inherited from my father. I passed it on to several of my kids too! My daughter calls me today. "Hey, Mom", she says, "I need a card to thank the lady for the side of beef we got from her." She tells me that it can be a quirky card........so, this is what came about. Not too terribly far out there but morbidly quirky just the same! ;-) The inside of the card says, "But we sure are!!" The paper slipped when I was cutting the verse on the front so I had to doodle a little above it. The cow was colored with copic markers. The cow originally has this cute happy little face with little dots for eyes. I turned the dots into 'x's and added the frown. I originally thought of putting it upside down but the tail didn't look right and I didn't want to have to completely redraw the tail. Hope you enjoy my humor! I also like Gary Larsen's Far Side cartoons.......sure wish he was still drawing!! Tell me what your favorite Far Side cartoon was. Mine was the bird standing at the fridge with the fridge door open. The spouse is sitting in the living room watching TV. The bird at the fridge says...."All right, who ate the middle out of the daddy long legs!"

7 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

My favorite type of card! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom it looks great! one of my favorite far side cartoons is the aliens flying over the crowd saying Weeeeeee.

Joyce Spear said...

OMG, this is hilarious!!

I've been mercilessly harrassed for years because at one time I was obsessed with cow tipping, and honestly believed it was possible to knock over a sleeping cow. This card reminded me of that... it's TOO MUCH! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love it!

shari odut said...

that is hilarious! thanks for the morning giggle!
shari odut :O)

Anonymous said...

to funny Miss Ann
Cindy

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this great card- your coloring, your sense of humor......! TFS