Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 6th card


Here is the card I did for January 6th.  I'll need a number of Valentines cards.  My daughters sometimes purchase cards from me for their hubbies and I'll need four for grandkids.  THEN we have 5 birthdays the first part of February.  So, I have plenty on the 'must get done' plate.

This Valentines day card doesn't show it but there is an extra layer on the red heart to pop it up a little.  I used the 'out of the box' technique on the hearts as well the cuttlebug highlights on the strip below.  I thought of putting on a sentiment but decided to just put it inside instead.

It is funny how a card evolves.  I grabbed this Valentine paper and wanted to use it because it had this cool embossing on it already (you can see it shining in the photo).  As I grabbed this paper from a stack I had, out fell the scalloped pieces that I cut when my friend, Cindy T, let me borrow her scallop card die.  Hmmmmm, I thought.  Maybe I'll finally use some of these......It's only been almost two years since I cut them out!  YOU don't ever do that do you?????????  Then I looked at my stamps to find something that I felt complemented the paper.  Colors were chosen to match the paper.  The original strip below the image was bright green and it was just overpowering the hearts so I tore it off and use paper that was close in color to the background of the designer paper.  I stamped" from the heart" on the inside.  The heart stamp is from Hero (I think!)

Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

MA said...

Awesome card! Will have to look through MY stash of card bases. Thanks for sharing.

Peggysue said...

Wow, you use my 'method' of card-making too! lol

1CardCreator said...

Awesome card! ~Diane

Crystal said...

OH WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE those hearts and that stunning flower embellie!!! GORGEOUS!

Michele said...

an explosion of lovely colors and images. love it. xo

Anonymous said...

So Happy YOU finally used the scalloped card..
I love to use them..
Very coo card..
Cindy T.

Anna said...

Beautiful card, Ann and your coloring is great - those hearts jump right off the card.