Saturday, May 2, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #6

This is my first entry as a part of Kimm's Copic Challenge Design Team. Even though the colors were quite pastel, I seemed to come up with something that didn't look pastel at all!! Since the pink didn't show to well, I did add a pink brad in the middle of the flower. I layered some of the blue over the green to darken it without having a darker green. Here is a picture of the copic markers that were suggested for the challenge. I didn't have YG11 so I substituted YG00. You were allowed to use one more blue so I chose B34 so I could get some shadowing on my flower. This flower and the sentiment are from the brand new rubber sheet from FireCracker Designs by Pamela. I got this sheet free when I purchased a box of pastel Flower Soft. I probably should have tried to incorporate some of the new flower soft into this image as well but decided not to at this point. The bright green on the card is slightly darker than the scan shows. The background paper behind the image is a Technique Junkie technique called Reinker Splash from the February 08 newsletter. I used some of the reinkers I got for my K-pads. I didn't add the metallic ink to mine however. I hope you enjoy!
On another note my friend, Sue, has been helping me to do some improvements on my blog. So.....I'm trying to get FeedBlitz up and running but haven't quite figured out how to do it yet.
Ray and I went to the Spring Garden Fair from noon to 5pm today. They had 175 flower/plant/garden art booths.....now you know why we were there so long! It was sunny when we got there for the first 30 minutes. Then it rained for about 30 minutes. Not too bad though, you could duck from one booth canopy to the next without getting too wet. Then it was sunny again. Then the rain really hit. It just poured. We camped out in one of the vendors....good thing his booth was large!! We had to wait almost 20 minutes before the wind moved the storm along. We were almost done when the wind storm hit. Many of the vendors had stock and garden art falling over. Many were frantically trying to get their canopies secured. A large speaker fell over and clunked the face of one of the volunteers and they had to call 911. Wild weather but then again it IS spring and this IS the Pacific Northwest. Tonight it will just be left overs and then we are watching Australia.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! your coloring looks amazing and love that image and your creation...wow!

Becky said...

TOTALLY nailed it!! Sooooo beautiful! I totally love it! ☺

Shirley said...

You are so famous in my mind for the wonderful backgrounds you create, like this one for example. Your cards are just stunning always!