Saturday, May 23, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #9

I can't believe that it is Kimm's 9th Copic Challenge already!! I was going to skip this week since it was Memorial Day weekend but I just happened to have a few extra minutes when Zander (my grandson) was napping. The challenge this week was to use B26, BG15, R29 and any grey. I had B26, R29 and C3 but I didn't have BG15 so I went slightly lighter with BG05. As I looked at the colors all I was seeing was Memorial Day flags so I created this card. Now for the new technique that I learned at My Copic Certification class. I knew that I couldn't use my Copics right on the rubber of my stamps because it would dry too quickly. Since water doesn't do anything to alcohol ink markers, huffing doesn't work. What does work? The blender solution!! Duh!! What didn't I even think of that. You can use the blender solution two different ways. After you have colored on the rubber, you can either spray the rubber directly or spray the paper with the blending solution. The alcohol ink will transfer either way with the direct to rubber way looking a little softer. For this card, I sprayed it directly on the rubber. After stamping the image in the middle, I sprayed the rubber again without reinking and stamped to one side and repeated the spray and stamp for the other side. The stars were inked, sprayed and stamped repeatedly for the stars above and below the heart. I used the edge of the darkest blue to edge several of my layers and my grey to give some depth to the images and word. I was happy to use some older patterned paper that I've been hoarding.
Marianne also shared several other ways to use the blender solution. You can dab some on an old washrag and touch to a colored area to create fur or fabric. Her sample book used a number of different things to create designs.......just use your imagination.

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

the technique queen is at it again! How fun!

Jamee said...

your card is cute!