Monday, February 21, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Pelican

This is my card for the Hambo Hoedown this week.  We received a free pelican digi......isn't he darling?!!  Our color palette needed to contain, blue, brown and tan.  I layered the pelican several times.  Unfortunately I had my larger lights for taking pictures set up in a different room to film tutorials for the TJ newsletter so only had my little lights........not perfect but they sure gave the pelican a good shadow.  The pelican and the BG are colored with copic markers.  I gave the sand some texture and did the cloud treatment that Marianne Walker showed us the other day on her ilikemarkers blog.  The sentiment was generated on my computer. 

6 comments:

Hannah Clark said...

Very cute card! I love the way you coloured the pelican! The sand looks great too! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Cards Pinochle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Timbo said...

Very nice coloring! The BG is really cool. I'll have to look up that tutorial from Marianne. Thanks for playing the Hambo Hoedown.

Judy Rozema said...

Awesome clouds and beach - the coloring on your pelican is superb! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

Monica Hunter said...

You never let me down! Your cards are always SO great, and this one is no exception. Just perfect in every way. :)

Melissa said...

What a great card! I love everything about it. Great coloring, sand, clouds...what can I say! Thanks for sharing that with us this week at the Hambo Hoedown!