Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Challenge card


Here is the card I did for today's Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge SC220. The little bird stamp is by Stamps Happen. I colored it with one of my most favorite coloring methods. Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol blended with paper stumps. The background paper was made using a technique from the Feb 08 Technique Junkie newsletter called Reinker Splash. I originally made it for a different stamp but it was sitting on the stamp table and went so well with this image that I grabbed it! Even though you can't tell it on the scan, the scalloped round is mounted up on dimensional tape.

3 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Whoa hoo Anne's got a blog..wow I love the reds...Stunning graphics Ann.
What an awesome card and I wuv that bird...
good job on the gamasol coloring.
connie paxman

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card! That bird looks SO darn cute!

Congrats on the blog! I have also started one after reading so many! :o)
Stop by and check it out if you get a chance!
Stampin' Hugs,
Carol
www.kooglenotes.blogspot.com

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful card. Your colours and colouring are beautiful. The flowers and brads, did I say your card is beautiful?!!!
Your blog is awesome! Fantastic job.
I too have started a blog, but it's very basic...
http://botanicalcafe.blogspot.com/