Thursday, March 26, 2009

Newsletter Teaser Day

Well I did two cards for the teasers today for the reveal of the April 09 Technique Junkie newsletter. I used some paper from Paper Temptress that are soooo pretty. The technique is called Bingo Blast. And it is a blast to make for sure! Bingo the Zebra has some striped gold paper that has a lustre that is wonderful. The paper behind the blasts of color is also a Pearl glossy. You just can't appreciate these papers in a photo!! There is some gold on the zebra card as well from a Radiant Rain dauber. It wanted to ball up on the paper instead of splating out so I just let it do its thing and I like the result. The zebra isn't a stamp. It happens to be a clipart picture!! Hope you like the way I did the ribbon.......I've been seeing others do little ribbon tabs and have liked it to well that I thought it would work well on this card.

The second card that I made used a stamp from TwoNancysartstamps. Isn't this dancer lady fun. Since it uses the Bingo Blast technique, I've called her Bingo the Dancer although aren't most of the dancers named Lola! ;-) That striped paper is part of the lustre line from Paper Temptress and the ink floats like a dream on it. Since I colored her with copic markers I decided to emboss since the copics were pulling the black. Ugh!! When I got her done, she pretty much disappeared when I laid her on the Bingo Blast background so I mounted her on black and now she pops great! I just can't seem to stay away from ribbon on my cards and had this fun turquoise piece sitting around. It didn't really fit anywhere but near her bum so it gave her a little extra fluff on her outfit!! Now for the corners! I have several sheets of those gold or silver stickers and I regularly ignore them. Don't know why but I just do. This card really needed something extra so I dug them out and Voila! Wonderful! I do have to thank Caz, my friend in England, who share these stickers with me.......Thanks, girlfriend!! The rhinestones are from my recent earnings this weekend at the rubber stamp convention. I worked in the Auntie Amy booth and was paid $10/hr in product. She had packs of Queen & Co rhinestones 6 for $5. Makes putting lots of bling on your card much easier to swallow! I hope you enjoy!!

No comments: