Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Change of Heart

I know......I said I wouldn't post anything until next week.....BUT..... Mother's Day is Sunday and I realized I didn't have a card done...sheesh! Anyway...here is my card. I'll make two of these. I also followed the sketch challenge on SCS (SC227). That tulip image is from Kathryn the Teawife on the Technique Junkie yahoo group. Her mother drew it. The moment I saw it I knew that I would use it for my Mother's Day card. It is colored with copic markers and highlighted with a white Signo Pen. The layer behind the tulips is a TJ technique called Waxy Cuttlebug and the horizontal layer is Polished Stone. The dots were made with a Signo Pen. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is layered using Stampin Up punches. The 'lace' to the side of the tulips is made from an All Night Media punch. Finally......gold cording from SU behind the sentiment. The whole card looked kind of flat after I had it initially laid out. So, I decided to sponge SU Eggplant Envy on most of the layers and it made such a difference. Hope my moms like it!! AND.....my little grandson Zander stayed asleep for the whole process.....THANK GOODNESS!!
Last night my SIL, Adam, brought over a present that the whole family went in together to get for my granddaughter, Audrey. Her birthday isn't until November but we found this item on Craigs list and it was only $100 instead of the $250 purchase price. It is a huge horse that you can actually ride. You pet it and it moves its head, snorts, whinnies, eats a carrot, clops when you bounce on it as you 'ride'. Swishes it's tail, etc. I don't remember the product name but it IS just perfect for her....she loves horses and it young enough to enjoy the mystery of it. My dog, however, wasn't quite sure what to make of it. She watched warily of to the side. When it whinnyed loudly, she barked and ran and my grandson cried. Guess they're not ready for a new member in the household yet! HA!! Now to store it for 6 months somewhere Audrey won't see it!!
Now off to get my card in the mail!!

3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Very pretty colors...I wish you were here to tutor me with my pens! YIKES! I will be there on the 20th too! Yeah!

Crystal said...

wow this is gorgeous!! love the image in the heart...sooo beautiful!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Hi Ann! I didn't know you were blogging till today! I don't get in to the gallery at SCS much now just because of time, but I try to check in on blogs a little more regularly. I'll subscribe with Bloglines so I can check up on you! Nice to see your 'stuff' out here!

Hugs, Dina