Friday, May 22, 2009

Copic Class Goodies

Here is a picture of me (with my crooked smile) and Marianne Walker from our Copic class. She is a sweet gal and oh soooo talented. Her artwork is just fabulous! More talent in her pinkie than my whole being! It was very fun learning what to change in my technique to make my images look better. Now for more practice! My post tomorrow morning will show one new thing that I learned at class. For now, here is also a picture of the goodies that we got in our class. The little zipped Copic pouch was filled with the pens I have laid out. Two Copic markers, Two sketch markers, One Ciao blender, One Spica glitter pen, Two Multiliner pens, One wide Copic marker and a HUGE bottle of blender solution. I can already see the need for such a large bottle. AND, of course, my certificate. I can now put that little copic certified pic on my sidebar too! The first part of our morning talked about selecting the right kind of paper. For the most part I already have the kind that I like and works good.....Neenah Classic Crest Solar White......or a name very close!! It is smooth with just a little bit of tooth. I am already using the Memento black pad which works super. My versafine was just bleeding when I was pushing a lot of color around. For my digital images, my inkjet seems to work fine too! If you haven't already, subscribe to Marianne's blog: http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com . The teaching on her blog is very close to the class. The only thing you miss is some personal help!

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow what a great picture...some dandy photographer must have taken that LOL! Truly...what a fun day we had! I am off to Eugene for a long weekend with my grandson so no posts from me I think!