Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Golden Rhodie

Still working on my rhodie cards.  This is the next and final card using this image.   I used the Texture Duet technique from TJ this time.  I added a little Cuttlebug highlights as well.  I had used the largest Spellbinders for the cut but I used the next size down to give it some embossing.  You can just barely see the indent.  The scan (instead of a photo) just couldn't quite catch the wonderful texture that second die gave it.  Also, since I had used the largest die, getting a shadow color was harder.  I used the same die and then cut it diagonally, split it apart and mounted behind the original image.  Easy to get a shadow that way without the cutting.  Just got this one done today in this design but I got 9 of the white on white design cards that I posted the other day....that was the one with the fuchsia colored rhodie on it!  Hopefully I'll get 9 of today's design done tomorrow!

4 comments:

Catherine Kraft said...

Beautiful cards Ann! Love this background too.

Blessings,
Catherine

Crystal said...

Ann this is beautiful!!

Michele said...

gorgeous! xo

KanataNewf said...

Oh my this is just lovely!