Sunday, March 27, 2011

Making do........a Story of Circles

This is a story...........a story of Ann.......who loved the new Hambo image so much that she ran down to the Stamp Hole the minute she got it and worked diligently coloring the image she loved.  THEN......OH MY!!  She remembered that each week had a theme and she had forgotten to check.  Quickly she ran upstairs to the computer and pulled up the Hoedown blog.  ALAS!  The sketch design wanted a circle and she had cut a different shape.  Horror of horrors.  What to do, what to do.  She looked at the image she had colored and thought that it would be a shame to let this image go to waste.  So she put on her thinking cap...........ADAPT!  She would MAKE the image into a circle even though it wasn't.  Swiftly she grabbed her circle nestibilities and stared at them.  Surely they would speak to her and give her the answer she needed.  THEN, it came to her.......make a circle FRAME!  Saving the image already colored and STILL using the Hambo Hoedown sketch!  Success was hers!


Hee Hee.....I hope you enjoyed my little story and like the result I got!   This Hambo sketch and image are from the Hoedown challenge that YOU can participate in as well!  Click on the badge on my sidebar.  She is colored with copics and it has three layers.....which naturally don't show on the picture.  I colored the cup band so that it looked corrugated even though the original image shows it smooth.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it. I thought all along you were going for a coffee ring effect. Love how you did the cup wrap.

Sue from Oregon said...

Way to save the day Ann! Great card!

Silli said...

wow- zers, what a pretty card. Love your wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining in the Hoedown!

Judy Rozema said...

Perfect card! Love your story - your corrugated sleeve is colored perfectly! You know you can kinda mess with the sketch, right? :)
I love this!

Jean said...

What a terrific way to make that challenge work! I wish I had that cleverness, great card. Love the wrap on the cup and your coloring is fabulous.

Sandy Ang said...

What a fun and cute card !

Shirley said...

This is so adorable I can't stand it!!!