Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dee-licious paper!!


Do you ever get back from the store with some fancy paper and then it sits there? I got one sheet of pretty paper.....was going to doing something for a wedding card. It was a lovely white with a subtle gold flower pattern. Then it sat. THEN the other day.......as a belated birthday present.......I received this package in the mail. Whatever could it be? Well.......it was PAPER! My friend, Patricia (who owns Paper Temptress) had sent me some yummy paper for my birthday. So Wednesday when I was in the Stamp Hole trying to make the best of my grandson's nap, I looked again at that fancy wedding paper and then it clicked. Oooooo.....Patricia sent me some of that lustre lined paper and some gold paper. So.....what was created is this card! I hope you think it is interesting. The flower is a technique that was featured on Splitcoaststampers a couple of weeks ago. You use the SU scallop border punch and punch the long edge of a piece of scrapbook paper. I cut this strip to 3/4" wide after punching but you can go up to 1 1/4" wide. You accordian fold the strip where the scallop dips, connect the ends to form a circle and flatten so that the straight edge is in the center of the 'flower' and the scallop edge is to the outside. Secure with a circle fitted with adhesive. Add a pretty brad and you're done!!


To save paper, I cut the middle out of the base gold piece so that it was big enough to use as the gold layer under the sentiment. THEN I punched the swirls from the piece that I used under the sentiment. Frugal, huh? It is hard to get a good picture and still how the wonderful paper. Aren't the stripes under the sentiment, yummy? The gold is also a matte so it is a nice addition and not a glaring addition. Want to know more about Patricia's papers........click here!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Ann this is stunning!!! Wow gorgeous!

Donna said...

Ann, this card is so elegant...just beautiful!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Delish is right...you made one fabulous card girl!

Darla said...

Love this!! I'm going to steal your frugal idea with the paper too!! haha
I now have a decent stash of PT papers but am so hesitant to use any since they are SO nice I don't want them all gone when I want them and want to order all the different papers she has before I start ordering more of the ones I have. If I use your "frugal" technique than maybe I can convince myself to use some!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful GF! Watch out Mr. Hallmark, he she comes...........

Linda Carson said...

Lovely & elegant!

Shirley said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Patricia the PaperTemptress said...

It is truly elegant looking, love it love it love it!! Happy really really late birthday LOL!!

klaudia viktoria kimura said...

Oh! This one elegant paper craft. The off-white gold color combination looks great. Great job! :)

Speaking of brilliant paper craft creations. You may want to check out this site, http://www.christinascrafts.com.au/. I adore this site. :)

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so pretty...don't you just love good mail days?