Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inky Fingers and the Dentist


I normally only post once a day or less BUT since I'm getting ready for my sale in November, I've had to kick it up a bit to have enough cards.  Today I worked on this card.  The layout is the Sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.  The first time I gotten to participate in a challenge in quite a while.  I make four of each card so was busy punching and sponging the daisy pieces while my grandson, Zander, took his nap.  Had a dental appointment today too.  Got myself ready for the appointment then got Zander up, changed and fed to rush out the door for my appointment.  As I'm sitting in the dental chair, I remember  ......  sheesh!!......  inky fingers!  Here I was with yellow ink on both hands.  Hee Hee!  I'm going to have to get some of that ink cleaning soap, huh?!  The stamp was one I picked up at the last convention at a booth that sold the punches.  So fun to make!  The daisy was colored with copics.  The colored background pieces were run through Cuttlebug folders and lightly sponged.  The long narrow piece is vellum that is embossed using my Onare template.  Isn't it pretty!?

On the other hand (inky fingered hand), my dental appointment went fine.  I had some laser treatment done on my inner back tooth gums but the outer gum of the same tooth was not doing well.  My technician, Val, looked it over and painted on a varnish containing antibiotic....isn't that the neatest thing?  Hopefully that will help my gum to heal correctly.  I must say that my dental office, Synergy Dental, in West Linn, has been one of the best dentists I've ever had.  I originally went to them because they were a Mercury free office and I've had issues with Mercury toxicity.  With their help, I am now mercury free in my mouth!  They do such awesome work........same day crowns!!  Isn't that amazing.  My crowns are ready is about 10 minutes.  None of that waiting with a fake tooth.  Worth every penny!!  Val told me that there would be no charge today for my work........THAT was such a blessing!!  Thanks, Val!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh, Anne...this card is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it, but especially those colors!

BTW, my dentist also does same day crowns. No messy impressions, no temporaries, no extra charge...can't imagine doing it the old-fashioned way ever again!