Friday, September 11, 2009

A little Faux, Faux


Here is a neat little technique from the most recent Technique Junkie Newsletter. It is called Faux Sanding. You can learn how to do it and much more by subscribing to the newsletter. It is VERY economical (the newsletter and the technique alike)! Go here to see more info about the newsletter! My faux was more faux though.....I didn't include one step and I didn't do it on Glossy. So mine is a Fake, fake! HA! That cute little girl is colored with copic markers and they are close to the copic challenge on Artful Sentiments for the last week. She was cut out, then I cut out an additional hat brim and heart (on the apron) to create a little dimension. I originally tried to pop up the entire dress but she kinda looked like a football player so I did only the heart. The sentiment is also popped up. I used my Nestabilities to cut the faux sanded piece behind the girl from the base piece to save paper! I did the same with the dark scallop piece. It was cut from the bottom dark layer. The smaller scallop was cut from the middle of the large one. Going green the only way a stamper can!! Savin that paper! The girl is an older stamp by Imaginations and the sentiment is by Hero Arts. Little dots made by a Signo pen.

1 comment:

Allie Gower said...

I used this technique just last night. I wanted to make some blue paper look more like fabric.

I love the colors and the look you achieved. Nicely done!