Saturday, September 12, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #25





Man......the days are just flying by. It seems like only yesterday that I posted. Sorry for the lag! I guess that happens when you are over busy, right?

I hope that you enjoy the post today. We were to use the three copic colors pictured. I didn't have R59 so substituted R39 instead. As I was playing with the colors, I noticed that if I overlapped the colors that the RV turned more red so........I blended them to create the car color. This is a new stamp set that I got from Clear Dollar Stamps. The moment that I saw their new car stamps I HAD to get some. Not only this race car but some Fords as well. I'm a sucker for Fords! I had the card ready to assemble and the red base just looked too lonely so I added the flags around as a border and I think it completed the card, don't you!!

I couldn't quit figure out what the thing was towards the back of the car. I was assuming that it was the driver but it did look a little strange for a driver. I just assume that it is the driver's helmut and colored it with a grey window. As I look at the scanned picture, the red background really look pink on my monitor. It isn't, really!! It is a REAL red!

Click on Kimm's link on the sidebar so YOU can participate in the copic challenge. It's fun!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

SOOO Fun Anne!!! Absolutely LOVE that image and your coloring looks amazing!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Ann, for doing this race car. I have a race car image but have not been able to blend more than one color to satisfy myself. I'm gonna study your creation....hope it'll help me out. The card is adorable. Hugs, Laurie

Sue from Oregon said...

Great job on this challenge! Love all the checkered flags!