Thursday, September 24, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #27


Well.....our challenge comes a little early this week as Kimm has a wedding in the house on Saturday!  I pray she has THE most relaxed and joyful day!  Now for the challenge this week.  The colors, when scribbed out on paper, didn't speak to me much this week.  No stamp was really reaching out and crying for those colors.  So, on the hunt I went.  I saw this stamp and thought....Hmmm.....that stamp hasn't seen ink since I purchased it three years ago.  Maybe now is the time!  I originally colored it with a blue tin and green and purple fish but it just didn't look right so I reversed the colors and then it looked better.  I made the background piece with the three colors of the week along with the blender.  It is soooo easy to give yourself a little piece of decorated paper like this!!  Try it!!  After making this and looking at the scan I see that I should have probably layered the sentiment and the fish for more umph!  I used a technique called Drywall stitching from the Technique Junkie newsletter.  Such a fun technique and soooo fast and easy.  I really should be using it more often.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ann, your card is beautiful! I think I may just have to start playing along with these copic challenges!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I want to play along so bad....need more hours in each day. I LOVE your card- great play on the colors!

Sandy said...

Congrats on becoming a Sugar Baby! Your card turned out great!!!