Saturday, September 19, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #26


When I first started looking at the color combo given to us for this challenge, I thought....."Oh my....how in the world will I find a stamp for THOSE colors?"  After scribbling them on a scratch piece of paper and staring at them for a while, I remembered this stamp I got from the rubber stamp convention in March from Auntie Amy.  I've wanted to use it for a long time.  It was perfect!  I naturally had to add a few other colors, like a lighter yellow to soften the white behind the fish and words.  AND a few other yellows to go with the challenge color to give my wood a more realistic look.  You can't see it in the scan but I used Copic's Spica glitter pen on the image.  Nice for a guy.....not too much glitter but enough to jazz it up a little.  After my image was complete I looked around for something for the background.  I originally tried to so a sanded whitewash (a TJ technique) with a piece of black/gold sparkly paper from Paper Temptress.  But, after the sanding, it just didn't have the right color to go with the image.  I'll have to use the piece I made on another card though as it turned out very pretty.  Then I remembered that I had some faux wood pieces made for another card that I never completed.  It was perfect. The image is mounted on foam tape to raise it up a little.   I hope that it inspires you to create!

4 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Great job!

Linda Carson said...

Looks FABULOUS Ann!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- great job with the color challenge. TFS

Laurie said...

This card is perfect for my dad! Love the way you used the colors from the challenge. Good idea to create shadows on the letters.