Monday, September 28, 2009

Technique Junkie Blog Hop!!

Hello, blog hoppers!  So......didn't you just LOVE Beth's Decorated Pretties!  If you didn't arrive here as part of the TJ Blog Hop.....you will want to start HERE at the Technique Junkie Blog to collect all your 'treasures' to be eligible for the prize.  This month the prize will include special items you'll need to do some of the techniques in October's newsletter........Isn't that great!  Here is what is included:

- Pkg of Paperclay for Petroglyphic
- I jar of Smooch ink
- Micro Pearl Pearl Ex for Jeweled Acetate
- Glitter for PK Glitz Technique
- 3 Stamp Sets
AND a $10.00 Gift Certificate from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps



This is how the blog hop will work.  Start at the Technique Junkie Blog.  You will be collecting 'treasures' along the way.  At the very last blog, tell Pat your 'treasure' answer to be elibigle for a super prize.  Each blog will be featuring a sneak peak of one of the techniques from the October TJ newsletter AND an image or product from a Technique Junkie vendor.

I chose a technique that I happened to submit!  It is called Rubber Thwamping!  Isn't that a funny name?!  I really love the effect that it gives.  That darling show girl is from Two Nancy's Art Stamps.  I call her Lola.....I call any showgirl Lola....you know.... Barry Manilow's song!!  Now you are going to sing it all day, aren't you!  On my card I used four different colors of ink with the technique as well as some embossing, but the technique looks good with only one color too.  I also used the technique on the outer edges of the black base and embossed it with gold.  OH!  don't want to forget.....see that sparkley black layer under the image?  That paper is from the Paper Temptress.  It is just perfect to add that dark layer with a hint of gold sparkle.  You really NEED this paper!


PLEASE NOTE!!  BETH had the wrong code on her blog (just before me!). 
Her code should be 'O'.


Oh! Yes!!  What is MY treasure for you?  My treasure is the letter 'W'.  Now, you will want to hop on over to Jane's blog HERE.


Below is the list of all the blogs on the hop....make sure you start at the beginning!


Ann  (you're here right now)
Jane
Kimm
Chris 
Pat  (you'll enter with your answer here)

20 comments:

Chrissy D said...

WOW! Beautifully done Ann. I love the colors and the "glow" the thwamping creates!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Shes beautiful !

Elaine A said...

Hi Ann -

As a girl who likes her bling, your card does it for me. This is just wonderful and I think I am going to love Thwamping - LOL!!!

Elaine Allen

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautifully colored, love how the Tech frames the image.

Unknown said...

All of the cards have been just gorgeous and yours just blew me away!

Donna Moore said...

oops! started here but that's OK, I can go back to the beginning and do it right! Girl, this card is just flat drop dead gorgeous, I love what you have done as I always do! You are just sooooo good!

Stampin_melissa said...

Gorgeous card Ann! I can hardly wait to see the new newsletter to find out about your technique!

Shelly Hickox said...

Ann, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the rich colors you've used. Your technique is definitely a keeper!

christina d said...

I love it. I can hardly wait to see the next issue. I love the PT paper also!

Debbie Yates said...

I can't wait to learn how to thwamp! Great card...and yes I will be singing Lola all day!

laury55 said...

your card is gorgeous...love the warm colours

Priscilla said...

Gorgeous card, love the look of thwaping. Can't wait to see how to do it!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.......I've never purchased any of these stamps, but may have to start my Christmas list early.......Can't wait to see how this great looking tech is done. Thanks

Paula said...

Lola is fabulous!

StampinCathy said...

Another amazing and inspiring card on this Treasure Hunt. Love the colors and details and of course this technique.

Manna said...

This is one gorgeous card, Ann! Love the colours!

Martha said...

Lola is fab, Darling, just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card.
steph

r4 card said...

Wow, It is really beautiful card. It' has attractive design and unique share. First time i can saw this time design. When you have design of this cards. Then please share with us.