Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 17!


Here is the card I made for the Priscilla Styles Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 17. I think the last time I could play they were at SC8 or something like that! I've had this image colored up and waiting for me to make him into a card. I happened to grab the BG paper this morning then my glance fell upon the dragon. Hmmm........I think it would be a great match! Do you think so? I wish more of that DP showed as it is awfully pretty. The image is from Dustin Pike. He often gives away a free digital image on Wednesdays. You should head on over there now. The image is colored with copic markers. I was traveling with my husband, daughter and son-in-law. I often take my coloring with me. This day I was showing the image to my daughter and giving her the copic markers and letting her pick the colors. It is a fun way to move beyond your normal selections. We did that with about 6 images. There are some unusual combos!! The light dots on the dragon were made by holding the blender pen in one place over the colored image. The blender pen pushes the color away and leaves a lighter area....voila...spots! I made the spots on the kite the same way.


HEY!!! You have TWO (actually THREE) chances to win some blog candy. I am offering some blog candy on my Saturday's post of a cute unmounted (man with net). Leave a comment on Saturday's post to be entered in THAT giveaway. I'll be giving away TWO of these!! THEN there is the TJ blog hop. You don't have to be a TJ member to enter........follow the hop to find the treasure and post your answer on the last blog.

12 comments:

Phyllis said...

Welcome back. We have missed you!! It's been toooo long. Cute, cute card. Love you colors and that little flying dragon. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Happy you could play with us again. Cute image from Dustin and what bright wonderful colors and papers you had chosen, perfect for the Dragon and kite. What a fun way to get some images colored, with your daughter.

Thanks for playing at Midnight Madness. don't stay away so long next time.

Jane MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Ohhhhh so thrilled to see you back :) and back with such a wonderfully fun card :) Great colors and love the Dustin Pike image and YES it works all well together. Come back again really soon and play with us..Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and if you have not done so yet, please stop back by and check out the Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorial :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

What an eye catching card. The colors are vibrant and brilliant and lend to the overall affect of fun and playfulness. It's so charming and attractive. Thanks for playing this weeks MMSC. I hope to see more of your creations again soon.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a bright and cheery card! So fun!! Love the coloring of your image and your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is as cute as can be!

Denise @ kc242 said...

This is such an adorable card. Love the color coordination of your dragon and your papers! Lovely take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with the MMSC this week!

Crystal said...

aww Anne SUPER CUTE and fun!! What a darling dragon and colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always wonder if you color first and find paper to match, or pick the paper nd use markers that match.......Wonderful coloring- the paper is just perfect!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Well who wouldn't just love a Dustin Pike image!!!! I'm biased though coz I'm on his DT!!! LOL
You did a fabulous job with both Dustin's image and the sketch. That little dragon is too adorable and your coloring of him is brilliant. Love the details you added and the dp matches him perfectly.
Look forward to seeing you next week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Great to see you playing with us :) You know your coloring is just superb. You are showing us your copic certification skills through this card! Thanks for taking some time to show off this little guy with his bright kite, to us. xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Shirley said...

That is just too too cute for words!