Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Angie Update

Well, it was a long day for my daughter, Angie. Her ear surgery went well. The surgeon was able to complete the surgery through the ear canal instead of drilling through bone (thank you, Jesus!). He had to scrap the growth of skin off the bones in her ear then he replaced her ear drum with a graft. She did great after the surgery and was all but ready to come home at 11:00 am then her pain level shot up. After two Vicadin (sp?), the pain was still raging at an 8 out of 10 so they gave her some Morphine. Poor girl was crying from the pain and she has a high pain threshold. Unfortunately, they had already taken out her IV so they had to stick her again (twice) for the Morphine. The Morphine upset her stomach so she had to have some meds for that as well. She finally got to leave at 3:30pm. She is off work for a week or two to heal. No bending over, blowing her nose, or hard coughing for two weeks. The packing around the eardrum graft will dissolve in about a month so good hearing is still a ways off. BUT God is good and has granted her a good surgery. We pray he gives her good recovery as well.

2 comments:

A Walk With Faith said...

You have a wonderful blog and I am so happy to hear your daughter's surgery went well. I will keep her in my prayers.
I would love to have you check out my new blog and tell me what you think.
God bless.

Jessie Lubyk said...

Glad to know that it went well. You will both be in my prayers. Take Care.