Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter cards


I spent time yesterday making the Easter cards that I wanted to give to parents. The cross is a die from Sizzix. I really love it's design. I adhered cardstock to a blank coaster for the cross. It was a little dull so I added the glitter. The right hand border design was made using some of the new flat fold border puncher. I think they are made by EK Success. The left corners scrolls are a Cuttlebug die that is a bummer to glue. I love those corners but not the gluing! The flowers are from a free bag of miscellaneous Primas that I got at a shoe box card swap in WA a couple of years ago. The background paper is some that I've been hoarding in my stash. I thought it would look happy and springy for the card. I had forgotten that I had the Easter stamp!! While I was getting the cards done, Ray got the oil changed in two of our cars. At least it wasn't raining outside when he was doing it (which seems to be the norm). It got to about 74 degrees here yesterday and today should hit about 78!!!! After dinner we had planned to play pinochle with some friends. We hopped into the car and drove to their house.....hmmm.....no one home. I called my friend on my cell......."Where are You?" I asked. "We're sitting in your driveway wondering where you are!" So funny. I guess we really didn't say one way or the other about whose house we would play at! It was a good laugh!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

What a pretty Easter card.. Thanks for sharing.

freida said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the colors and all your detail!