Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jade Magnolia

I did this card for the sketch challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. The girl and bench are from Magnolia and were sent to me from a friend in Sweden! I started coloring her with copic markers. When I got to the pants, I really didn't have the color I wanted in my copics so I turned to my trusty prismacolor pencils, gamsol and stumps. I think it is hard to tell the difference in mediums! The flower placement on the left side was necessary because as I was sponging, I dropped my sponge and it left a mark on my main image.....augh!! So......I made the best of it and put a flower there to cover it up! I added a few more flowers on the other corner and voila! The flower punches were some of my recent acquisitions from the most recent rubber stamp convention. The border punch on the background paper turned out really neat. It was like the punch was made for this paper. If you look real close, you can see that it follows the pattern of the paper almost exactly!!


Easter was a nice day. Not with the weather though.....it really poured here. But choir did great for church and the grandkids liked their Easter baskets. We stopped first at Stones (my daughter, Angie, and her husband, Travis). The girls had fun tearing into their baskets. Audrey was all over the chocolate....my kind of girl! My mom sent over a special Easter present for the family. She had painted a picture of Audrey to go with one she did of Breauna when she was Audrey's age. Here is a picture of Audrey with mommy Angie holding the picture. Notice that sissy just couldn't help but through in some bunny ears. Heh! It's Easter.......you gotta do the bunny ears!


The next picture is of Breauna.....we are calling her Snaggle tooth! Her first adult tooth is coming in. Beside it is a missing tooth and to the other side of it is a VERY loose baby tooth. It is quite funny with all the different sizes of teeth at once. Breauna was quite proud of those funny teeth.

The last picture for today is of my grandson, Little Jim. He was quite happy with his Basket and wanted to eat, eat, eat, all that wonderful candy. His favorite thing in the basket though was the little matchbox truck.

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your card is a work of art. Such perfect colouring! Love the gorgeous Easter photos of your family. What an amazing heirloom that painting is. Talent clearly runs in your family! :O)

Shirley said...

This is the great part! I not only get to see that really gorgeous and cute Tilda, but I get to see your lovely family too! Hope your Easter was wonderful!