Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sketch Challenge SC226


Here is my card for the sketch challenge for Splitcoaststampers this week. I needed to get it done tonight because Wednesday will be very busy.....more further down. I've had this cute flying pig stamp for several years as well as the words. Both are from Rubberstampave. I also had been hoarding the patterned paper by Basic Grey. It didn't look all that great until I sponged the edges and added the white dots. The sponging gave it some great depth. The pig is colored with copic markers. Can't wait for my certification class on May 20th!! I'm all registered and rearing to go.

Now for tomorrow's happenings. My daughter, Angie, will be going in for surgery to remove a growth from her ear drum. Unfortunately, this growth is on her good ear. The surgeon thinks that it is just a mass of skin. I pray that is the case as well. He also said that he thinks that by the time he removes the growth that there won't be much drum left so he will do an ear drum reconstruction at the same time. Angie had a reconstruction done when she was in 5th grade on her other ear. That reconstruction was done because her ear drum wouldn't heal after four sets of tubes. Poor girl! I'll go down early tomorrow to the hospital to be with her before surgery. Her MIL will be there too.

This weekend was good. We got our Orange 1967 Mustang Fastback washed and ready for the show on Sunday. It is one of the first shows of the year and they had 220 cars! That's a wonderful show and is a good omen for my car club's show in July. The Purple Dream (our other car) has a cracked header so it is off the road until the new headers come.

4 comments:

SilverDragoness said...

Ugh ear stuff is no fun at all. I've had surgery on mine before.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww, this is very pretty!!!

Hope all is going well for her, poor thing:) Will pray that she is well!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Sue from Oregon said...

Here's hoping all went well! I am hoping to attend on the 20th also and have a whole "wad" of copics arriving today or tomorrow...a fast learning curve. They put me on the waiting list but said the facility is very large so it shouldn't be a problem. I met another gal who is going...her name is Lori and she is the 3rd in on my follower list is you want to check out her blog! A very random meeting...it is a small web-world!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!! You've done a great job with the sketch!! :)